What comes to mind when you hear griddle?
The Blaze 30-inch Built-in Gas Griddle will change all that. With its stainless-steel u-shaped burners, and 36000 BTUs of cooking power, you get a perfectly even heat across the cooking surface for perfection every time! Did we mention we offer a Lifetime Warranty? Find your local Blaze dealer.
You won’t stop using your griddle for pancakes and bacon, but if you let it the Blaze Griddle can open you up to limitless flavor possibilities! Here are some of our favorite things to throw on the griddle:
Our first, and favorite, choice.
You can never go wrong with fajitas (just like you can never go wrong with margaritas)! Whether its shrimp, steak, chicken or a combo, fajitas are always a crowd-pleaser. Have a big group coming over to watch a game? Fajitas. Want to impress your in-laws by making something fancy on your new Blaze Griddle? Fajitas! Cooking dinner for that special someone? ‘Wow’ them with… fajitas!
Classic B.L.T. Sandwich
Who doesn’t like a classic B.L.T?
I like to kick mine up a notch by adding a fried egg? Runny, bacony (that’s a word, right?), and all wrapped in crispy bread straight from the griddle – what’s not to love?
Tuna Melt Sandwich
Alright I know, I know these are pretty great. But wait till you hear this one… how about a Tuna Melt Sandwich made on the griddle? This crunchy, melty, goodness hits the spot every time.
Is dessert something you think of when you think of grilling? No? Think again. Cookies. That’s right… cookies. On the griddle. No, we’re not kidding. Making cookies on a griddle top means super easy cleanup. Another plus? No more having to turn on the oven to get cookies during the summer!
Chef Tony’s Mozzarella Basil Burgers
Chef Tony’s signature Mozzarella. Basil. Burgers. These bad boys are so simple to make, but look complicated which means? It’s the perfect dish to impress your friends and family. It took some convincing to get Chef to share this recipe with the world, but he did it for you! These burgers are a classic with a delicious twist.
Chef Tony’s Mozzarella Basil Burgers
- 4 lbs ground chuck (80/20)
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 3 T. chopped basil
- 3 T. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
For Tomato and Basil Topping
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 3 T. freshly chopped basil
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by preheating your griddle to 425 to 450 degrees.
- Place ground chuck in a large mixing bowl, breaking-up loosely. Add salt, black and white pepper and lightly blend together.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the shredded Mozzarella, grated Parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil and fresh chopped basil.
- Dice tomatoes and place in a colander, in the sink, or over a bowl; sprinkle with salt and allow them to macerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once macerated, blend diced tomatoes, fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until hamburgers are cooked.
- Begin scooping out a small handful of ground chuck and placing the loose balls on a baking sheet. Once you have all 12 balls portioned out (roughly the same amount in each), begin forming patties by lightly pressing them down with your hands. Be careful not to overwork or compress your patties. Once flat and round, use your thumb to create a well in the center of each patty.
- With a kitchen spoon, fill each of 6 wells with the Mozzarella mixture, lightly pressing in with the back of the spoon.
- Place the 6 empty patties on top of the 6 filled patties and lightly press together, crimping the edges of each with your fingertips. Once all patties are crimped, you are ready for the griddle.
- Grill the hamburgers for about 3 minutes on each side for medium and continue cooking a couple of minutes per side if you prefer medium-well to well-done burgers.
- Toast the buns on the griddle for 30 to 45 seconds, place patties on each of 6 buns and top with spoonfuls of the fresh marinated tomatoes and basil.